Welcome to my site! Here are a few guidelines to help you navigate the site and understand the purpose and stands of this platform.
My Mission & Goal
Whether I’m writing a new book, releasing a new album, or making PB&Js for my kids, my ultimate desire is to glorify God. As an abuse survivor, I have a specific perspective on Christ’s redemption, sovereignty, mercy, and love. It is my desire to use my experiences – the knowledge I’ve gained in the life God gave me – to point others to Jesus. He can indeed work through any situation, no matter how dark or tragic, to bring about good for those who love him (Romans 8:28, Genesis 50:20). I will no doubt fail in this many times, but hopefully my failures will just go to show that His love is based on grace, not my merit.
The Purpose of this Website
1. To showcase my work, including books, music, articles, and stories.
2. To help others understand the damage of abuse, and offer hope and direction in the recovery process. To encourage and empower abuse survivors as well as their pastors, counselors and loved ones.
3. To provide resources for survivors, advocates, pastors, counselors, friends, Christians, and all those who desire to glorify God.
We reserve the right to update these rules at any time without notice. We also reserve the right to ban, delete, or edit any posts, groups, profiles, accounts, or any other content on this site for any reason.
Who can become a Member?
1. You may not join this site if you have been convicted of any violent or sexual crime. If we discover that you have a criminal history of abuse or stalking, you will be permanently banned.
2. You may use an anonymous screenname. In fact, if you wish to discuss your personal experiences of abuse, we recommend this for your privacy and safety.
3. You are welcome to join this site whether or not you are a survivor of abuse.
4. If you are a minor (under 18), please use an anonymous screen name. We do not require this, but we do request it for your privacy and safety.
Breaking the following rules will result in an immediate ban:
1. No porn or sexually provocative photos.
2. No threats of violence or doxing.
3. No harassment or trolling.
4. No promotion of anything criminal.
5. No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
6. No unsolicited medical advice.
If you are in danger, or the victim of a crime, call 911 or file a police report.
1. Please label all potentially disturbing posts “Trigger Warning.” You are welcome to share your personal experiences, but in this way we can be mindful of others who may be struggling with PTSD and trauma.
2. When someone indicates that they no longer wish to continue a conversation, please stop replying to them, unless you feel the need to apologize.
3. Do not post personal information, such as your phone number, address, school, or place of employment. If you share a photo, make sure identifiable details, such as any home addresses, license plate numbers, office name tags, school name on tee shirts, etc. are not visible.
4. Please do not name an abuser or accuse anyone of a crime on this site without first notifying your local police. We desire your safety and protection.
5. This is not a dating website. We are here to build each other up and be friends.
6. Please keep your language clean. We understand that when you’re sharing an emotional account, things slip out, but please try to abide by this. An exception may be made if you’re quoting an abuser, in which case, please blank out letters. Be aware that we may edit your post to screen out profanities.
7. No politics, except when relevant in some way to the topics of abuse and/or the church.
8. No unsolicited medical advice. Like everyone, abuse survivors have diverse experiences, needs, and beliefs. Some need or want medication, while others do not. Please respect others to determine their own recovery strategy, and do not shame people whose beliefs or actions differ from your own.
9. If you see something, say something. We’ll do our best to keep this community respectful, safe, and appropriate, but the sooner we’re alerted to problems, the faster we can deal with them.
10. Always be quick to apologize, slow to critique, patient to listen, and generous in kindness.
11. Posts and comments on this website are the responsibility of their originator, similar to posts on Facebook or other social media platforms. They are not the responsibility of Jennifer Greenberg or her team. If you see a post or comment that you would like edited or removed, please follow the principals laid out in Matthew 18 and contact the originator privately to make peace and reconcile. If you believe the post or comment violates our policies as laid out on this page, please contact us and we will review the information.
12. We do not censor abuse victims or survivors. They may share their accounts and express their feelings freely and authentically within the bounds of our policies as laid out on this page. The only time we may edit an account is if we feel it puts the victim/survivor at risk in some way.
13. We do not censor the names of abusers or of organizations that have committed or enabled abuse, such as churches, schools, non-profits, etc.. If you don’t want people to know that you’re a terrible person, then don’t do terrible things.
14. If you send us threatening emails or hate mail, we reserve the right to publish them, along with your name. We report all threats and harassing communications to law enforcement. If you want to get prosecuted, this is the website to send your crazy rants to.
Content on this Website
Website users who post information on this website are solely responsible for the information they share, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Please only provide information that you are comfortable sharing with others.
By using this website, you agree to indemnify and hold Jennifer Greenberg harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind. This includes expenses related to any legal claims, cause of action, or dispute.
Any use of blog comments or forum posts obtained by you through this website is at your own risk. We do not fact-check, endorse, support, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information provided by our users. If you find information on this site which you believe is untrue or hurtful, we encourage you to follow the biblical standards of Matthew 18, and contact the poster directly. We encourage you to seek peace and reconciliation, and not try to control or silence other people’s feelings and opinions.
By using this website, you are aware that you may be exposed to content which you may find triggering, upsetting, offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or inappropriate, and in some cases, posts that are confusing, misleading, or deceptive. All content is solely the responsibility of the person who originated said content. We may not monitor, control, or fact-check all such content, and we cannot take responsibility for it.
We reserve the right to remove content that violates our terms of service, including for example, spam, threats, links to other websites, graphic content, or content that exposes a person’s personal data, such as a home address or phone number. Such content may be deleted without notice or explanation.
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.Jesus, Matthew 7:12 (NIV)