Southern Baptist Convention: ECAP Child Protection Panel
Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided.
Join for a conversation on child protection and abuse prevention in ministry. Our panel will feature Jennifer Greenberg, Dr. Deepak Reju, Kris Buckman, and Jeff Dalrymple.
We believe that child safety and abuse prevention is a Great Commission issue. If our goal is to make disciples, we must also be good stewards of the precious resources that God has entrusted to us, especially vulnerable image-bearers. Unfortunately, abuse is a problem in our culture from which the church is not exempt. The good news is that there are steps that pastors and leaders can take to protect children under their care. At this event, we hope to equip pastors and ministry leaders with the initial knowledge they need to understand the problem of abuse and what they can do about it.
We will answer questions like:
- What is abuse?
- How should we, as ministry leaders, prepare and respond to abuse?
- What does the bible say about stewardship and protection of the vulnerable?
- What is a child protection program, and where do I start?
- What resources are available from ECAP and other providers to help me develop and sustain a child protection ministry at my church?
- Plus other questions submitted by attendees!