My fellow bloggess, Leslie Carter, recently challenged her readers to make a bucket list. I’ve always thought of a bucket list as a before-you-kick-the-bucket-to-do-list … which … technically it is. But in this case, it’s just an epic to-do list I hope to complete before 2013. Anyway, I suppose one never knows when one is going to “kick the bucket” in this crazy world, so one might as well live in the present!
My Bucket List:
(in no particular order … except for that first one …)
- Give birth to Elowyn (TOP PRIORITY!!!)
- Finish nursery (just need a crib mattress & changing table pad)
- Read outloud to Elowyn every day
- Read the Bible every day
- Start teaching piano & vocal lessons for children
- Sew Elowyn’s Peter Rabbit and Mrs. Tiggywinkle baby blankets
- Take Rachel out for dinner
- Enjoy a margarita or two or three (after the baby is born, obviously)
- Start personal training with Tara & get back in shape
- Plan a girls night out with friends in November & have Jason watch Elowyn
- Eat really good sushi (and maybe have another margarita)
- Find affordable fold out couch for spare room
- Paint Jason’s in-home studio and fix it up all nice for him
- Continue working on Once Upon A Time album with Mike
- Plan a music video with Kaitlin
- Coordinate a performance series where I’d open for or play during the intermission during a local ballet, symphony, or theater company
- Book a residency / concert series at a museum, art gallery, wine bar, or nice hotel
- Identify 5+ satallite radio stations / shows that could / would air my music and network with their music directors
Please let me know what you think! Can I get ALL this done prior to 2013? God knows. But any ideas for how I can achieve some of these goals (particularly if you know an awesome satellite radio show that might air my music) please do share (o:
Good luck lady!! I hope you accomplish all this and more! I think it’ll be a fun lesson, learning how to use any “free” time you have to work on these things instead of just staring at your precious gift from God!
Thanks Jessica! It will certainly be a challenge. I think baby Elowyn & I will make an awesome team (o:
While much on this list is very admirable and noteworthy, have you even considered the amount of time that it will take to “nurture and raise” Elowyn during the early months of her life! I think you should add that to your bucket list as SECOND priority seeing that giving birth to her is TOP priority! After those two things and then reading the Bible every day, nothing else really much matters in life!
Oh yes, it is. The list isn’t in any particular order. It’s just a hodgepodge of things I aspire to achieve by year’s end.
Excellent list! But where is grandmother in all this? I must respectfully protest!
Obviously, you’re going to be helping me make it all happen!!! LOL